2022 Graduate Program - Financial Services - Data Acquisition Analyst About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries, we leverage technology and data science to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency. About the Department: Private Market Solutions
IHS Markit's Private Market Solutions division empowers a diverse spectrum of private equity and venture capital firms to more effectively control their data and drive internal analytics and insights. Whether it is for portfolio analytics, valuations, investor reporting, or on-demand insight into operating metrics of a specific asset, this team is at the forefront of the FinTech space. Starting your Career with Us -
Opportunities for Graduates
We hire into a wide variety of exciting roles across our business and as you begin your career with us, we're here to support your transition into the professional world. In addition to working with our industry experts in your full-time role, you'll have the space to invest in your personal and professional development through learning resources that will build vital skills and industry knowledge.
Through a wide variety of experiences and opportunities, like all of our colleagues, you'll become an integral part of our community and culture - all enhancing the exciting work you with the team you're hired into! You'll be part of a global community, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams. Eligibility
We're now hiring for 2022 full-time roles. We're looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full-time role commencing in July 2022. About the role
IHS Markit Managed Data Services aims to provide the highest level of accuracy, visibility, and efficiency to our clients who work within the Private Capital Markets. The Data Acquisition Analyst works within a team environment to help secure the financial data from our clients and the portfolio companies in which they invest.
Candidates must have a high-level of attention to detail, be adept at asking probing questions, and must be able to thrive within a team structure. The ideal candidate possesses a business background with an interest in the venture capital and investing space. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the willingness to bring a unique perspective through contributions to process improvement projects. Key Responsibilities Include:
What we're looking for
- Work closely with clients and their portfolio companies to secure the data required by our downstream teams to complete implementations within our proprietary platform.
- Engage in deep dialog and discovery with clients to understand their current business processes
- Multi-task, handling multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Work hand in hand with clients and IHS Markit, Private Capital Markets team members from multiple departments to design, iterate and agree on new, transformed business processes
- Participate with other team members to implement new business processes via the IHS Markit, Private Capital Markets platform
- Deliver 'best-in-class' solutions that exceed client expectations
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Graduate Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
For Data Acquisition Analyst applicants, we recommend the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred in the geosciences completed no later than May 2022
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
Application and assessment process
- A degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred
- Possess the highest ethical standards and a strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile with a hands-on attitude
- Ability to engage with clients confidently and authoritatively
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational skills and ability to document processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Indexing, offset matching
- Conceptual understanding of the SaaS business model
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, reporting and analysis
- A familiarity with Venture Capital and/or Private Equity companies a plus
- Exposure to back/middle office operations within a private capital firm a plus
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you. Stage 1:
Submit online application Stage 2
: Complete online pymetrics assessment Stage 3:
Initial screening process Stage 4:
Final stage assessment Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.