SBA Portfolio Credit Officer - Candidate May Work From Home
- Knoxville, TN, USA Knoxville TN US
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
SBA Portfolio Credit Officer - Candidate May Work From Home
Selected candidate will be able to work from a home office or in an SBF office location that is located near the candidate.
SUMMARY: The Portfolio Credit Officer (PCO) will support the SBA Director of Portfolio Management in supervising a team of SBA Assistant Servicing Portfolio Managers. PCO will exercise individually assigned lending authority, as granted by BankUnited Board of Directors, to underwrite and approve loans in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory safety and soundness standards. The PCO will oversee special projects as directed by Management. Finally, the PCO will assure consistency of presentation, analytical approach and process flow with the portfolio management group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
DEPARTMENT REPORTING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
* Manage divisional reporting and pipeline maintenance by working with other functional areas of the Bank.
* Organize and facilitate Quarterly Criticized Asset Committee.
* Manage special projects as assigned by Management.
* Monthly review of risk rating change activity to assure proper understanding of relevant events, in addition to a big picture review of the trial balance of assure risk ratings are not out of line.
* Manage Assistant ServicingPortfolio Managers and responsible for proper management of SBAportfolio. This shall include, but not limited to, oversight of delinquencies, modifications, annual reviews and modifications, etc.; also works directly with BDO's and clients as needed.
* Oversight of collection/filing of client information.
* Assure proper use of forms and facilitation of processes per SBA SOP and BankUnited Policy and Procedures.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT DUTIES:
* In addition to managing a team of Assistant Servicing Portfolio Managers, to each of whom the responsibilities in this section apply, the PO may perform reviews on assigned transactions within SBA loan portfolio and will serve as support contact for assigned lending relationships, closely communicating/escalating all critical issues to management.
* Manage payment delinquencies, past due insurance renewals and real estate tax payments, with the assistance of the Portfolio Management Assistant.
* Actively maintain the Bank's tickler systems for accuracy and follow-up.
* Responsible for collection of financial information reporting in line with applicable loan agreements. This shall include preparation and follow-up of information request letters and communications to/with clients.
* Ensure early detection of potentially deteriorating credit quality within assigned loan portfolio upon receipt of financial or other information.
* Manage potential default situations in accordance with Bank procedure.
* Assure portfolio is appropriately risk rated at all times. Generate risk rating changes forms for upgrading or downgrading lending relationships as needed.
* Prepare Annual SBA Portfolio Review for management.
* Proactively manage criticized assets with heightened level of documented client communication and interaction, and establish acceptable actions plan to address identified concerns.
* Prepare Criticized Asset Report (CARs) forms for presentation at quarterly Criticized Asset Committee (CAC). Shall prepare Line Criticized Asset Reports (LCARs) for those loans that fall below the CAC threshold.
* Responsible for transfer of criticized assets to the Workout and Recovery department (WAR) when applicable
* Ensure proper documentation and organization of SBA credit files.
* May Order appraisals and complete appraisal reviews for criticized assets/modifications/renewals, or as otherwise required by Management.
UNDERWRITING/LOAN DECISIONING DUTIES:
* Lending authority up to $2,000,000.
* Ensure completion of all annual reviews, and modifications of existing loans within the SBA portfolio in compliance with SBA SOP and Bank Policy and Procedures. Decision all annual reviews and modifications of existing loans. This may include, but is not limited to: a narrated financial analysis, credit bureau data review, collateral analysis, and review of entire client loan/deposit relationship(s). May also re-allocate workflow among Portfolio Managers and/or assist teammates with overflow of work
* Review and interpret personal and business tax returns and financial statements provided, and perform cash flow and comprehensive global cash flow analyses using SBA cash flow and/or Bank approved global cash flow worksheet and approved financial spreading software.
* Specify appropriate conditions for loan modification approval.
* Evaluate requests for credit and approve or deny based on authority level within accepted Bank policies/procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines. Shall seek higher approval authority as required by Total Corporate Exposure (TCE).
* Provide support to BDO's, SBA Banking Portfolio Managers, and direct reports by answering queries and providing training on basic lending issues as needed.
* Participate in and/or facilitate training seminars and workshops to enhance skill level of the team..
* Proactively maintain a clear and up-to-date understanding SBA SOP and of Bank Credit Policy and Procedure.
* Perform all required regulatory training in a timely manner, as required by the Bank.
* Collaborate with all Bank personnel and management for purpose of managing assigned loan portfolio, identifying and communicate cross-sell opportunities to BDO, and appropriately managing credit risk within assigned portfolio.
* Prepare Performance Appraisals for Portfolio Officers.
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred. Six or more years of related work experience in credit and/or portfolio management required, with at least two years in a management capacity.