Mortgage Loan Consultant - Charleston, SC
Job Description : Job Description
Counsels individual borrowers to ensure that they acquire a loan product appropriate to their individual circumstances. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer's needs and makes recommendations. Analyzes the prospective borrower's income and debt and pre-qualifies the borrower for an affordable mortgage. Counsels the borrower in the home buying and financing process, advises on the financial and long-term impact of various products. Provides disclosures to the borrower, including Loan Estimate. Counsels and advises the borrower in understanding and clearing credit and other problems. Completes detailed applications at times and locations convenient to customers. Spends time outside of office in business development and consultation activities with borrowers, builders and realtors.
Is registered and maintains active, The Company sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by The Company to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Two or more years of experience in residential mortgage lending with evidence of ability to self source and/or build referral partnerships
- Mortgage production volume of $1,000,000.00 (or greater) per month over the last twelve months
- Solid knowledge of the local market and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf