Director of Insights
- Smithfield, RI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights (CKSI) organization is seeking a highly motivated, strategic individual with a consultative mindset to fill a Director of Insights role. This role would report to the VP Segment and Market Insights.
The Segment and Market Insights team works with business partners across the organization to identify key business challenges and strategic questions and then to subsequently drive strategic market research and analytics (database and unstructured / big data) to inform the business direction. The team delivers actionable insights and business recommendations for all levels of management.
This Director will be responsible for researching and analyzing customer needs, behaviors, digital experiences and trends that can impact the organization's overall success in driving flows and consolidation of assets. This role manages strategic and digital experience research projects across a wide range of stakeholders and business areas (including PR, Marketing, Advice, Self-Directed Investing and Asset Management).
The position has a high level of exposure to and interaction with a wide range of leaders within Fidelity Personal Investing. The individual in this position will need to drive and communicate breakthrough customer insights in the following areas:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deploying and analyzing research to drive compelling insights across:
- Segmentation/audience insights
- Attitudes and needs
- Digital marketing insights
- Digital experience research
- Product development
- Generating weekly feedback on products, services and digital experiences from Fidelity's customer panel
- Promoting a customer obsessed mindset across the Fidelity PI organization
- Enhancing Fidelity's ability to generate breakthrough insights through new forums, approaches and research platforms
- Packaging analytic and research insights into compelling executive-ready presentations
- Managing overseas resources to facilitate speed-to-stakeholder insights
- Socializing insights across Fidelity and making connections between business partners where relevant, and leveraging the latest technology to make insights sharing and knowledge management more intuitive
- Leading the development of reporting and data visualization output to share insights and track and monitor trends with segments over time
- The ideal candidate has 10 years of relevant strategic consulting and research experience
- 2 years of Financial Services experience preferred
- Experience working at Customer Obsessed organizations and/or digital first companies
- BA/BS required, MBA and/or management consulting / strategy consulting experience preferred
- Experience with using strategic frameworks to answer high profile business questions
- Ability to think critically and to identify the right research required for different types of questions
- Ability to synthesize multiple sources of information, including database analytics, unstructured data analytics, digital analytics, market research and competitive intelligence, etc. into integrated analyses that provide tactical and strategic recommendations
Communication/ Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to structure/ deliver strategic presentations clearly and crisply both in written form and in front of audiences
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proven ability to champion recommendations and influence decisions at all levels of management
- Track record of establishing effective cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience defining the scope and issues for analytics, reporting, research, etc..
- Proven consulting skills
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams
- SAS or SPSS, Qlik, Design Thinking, Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.