Director of Analytic Insights
- Smithfield, RI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
See job description for details
The Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights (CKSI) organization is seeking a highly motivated, strategic individual with a consultative mindset to fill a Director of Analytic Insights role. This role would report to the VP Product Insights.
The Product Insights team works with business partners across the organization to identify key business challenges and strategic questions and then to subsequently drive strategic market research and analytics (database and unstructured / big data) to inform the business direction. The Product Insights team delivers actionable insights and business recommendations for all levels of management.
This Director will be responsible for analytics / advanced analytics supporting Fidelity Personal Investing priorities. In particular, this role is responsible for delivering end-to-end analytics to inform business decisions.
The position has a high level of exposure to and interaction with leaders within both Fidelity Personal and Workplace Investing. The individual in this position will need to drive and integrate insights across research, behavioral analytics, digital analytics and big data / unstructured data to identify opportunities for Fidelity. Additionally, this role will be responsible for interpreting the data and packaging the key insights for senior management.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creating analytic and research learning agendas that align with broader organizational goals
- Packaging analytic and research insights into compelling executive-ready presentations
- Collaborating with multiple functions (Retirement / Crossover / Rollover, SPS, Segment, PI Finance, CKSI Measurement, Advanced Analytics, etc.) to deliver integrated solutions to key business partner questions
- Managing cross-functional teams to ensure that deadlines are met, particularly in support of analytics and metrics related to QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Managing overseas resources to facilitate speed-to-stakeholder insights
- Actively participating in business partner activities, including attending their staff and other meetings as needed. This role will require a rich understanding of the Fidelity Personal and Workplace Investing businesses, along with the goals and initiatives of different business groups
- Socializing insights and analytics across Fidelity and making connections between business partners where relevant
- Leading the development of reporting and data visualization output to track and monitor progress with segments / sub-segments of the target populations over time
- The ideal candidate has 10 years of relevant strategic consulting or analytics experience
- 2 years of Financial Services experience preferred
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Experience with using strategic frameworks to answer high profile business questions
- Digital analytics
- Unstructured data (voice-to-text) analytics
- Test and learn mindset
- Ability to synthesize multiple sources of information, including database analytics, unstructured data analytics, digital analytics, market research and competitive intelligence, etc. into integrated analyses that provide tactical and strategic recommendations
Communication/ Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to structure/ deliver strategic presentations clearly and crisply both in written form and in front of audiences
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proven ability to champion recommendations and influence decisions at all levels of management
- Track record of establishing effective cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience defining the scope and issues for analytics, reporting, research, etc..
- Proven consulting skills
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams
- Qlik, Sequel, Sitecatalyst, APT, R, Python, Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.