- West Chester, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18
Location: West Chester, PA, USAMoody's Analytics Economics Division is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for its West Chester, PA office. The Software QA Engineer position requires a professional who is very knowledgeable about QA testing tools and methodologies. A successful candidate has experience authoring and executing both manual and automated software tests. He/she must interface with software development and business stakeholders to fully understand application functionality, and ensure adequate test coverage. Software QA Engineers must stay up-to-date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry. Other responsibilities of a Software QA Engineer include:
- Write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze the results of performed tests and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artifacts.
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results for the tests performed.
- Work closely with development staff and other key stakeholders to ensure coverage for each software release.
- Develop/maintain automation framework modules as directed by management to fulfill specific testing requirements.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- 3-5 years of Software QA experience
- Excellent understanding of QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Good understanding of QA testing tools and environments
- Experience with automated testing tools (CasperJS, Selenium, etc.)
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, continuous build and integration, etc.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test scenarios and test cases
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- C#, Java and/or other scripting experience
- Understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.