- West Chester, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Database Engineer 1
Location: West Chester, PA, USAMoody's Content Solutions-Economics and Consumer Credit, a division of Moody's Analytics located in West Chester PA, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments and professional investors worldwide.
The Database Engineer 1 role manages and develops client-facing estimated, analytical, and value-added data sets. Tasks include programmatic implementation, continuous improvement, data management, and documentation. The Database Engineer 1 also seeks to improve the productivity and quality of processes and analytical programs. The role also serves as a subject matter expert for their datasets, supporting clients, sales, and colleagues on their use, methodology, and interpretation.
- Develop innovative data products from large data sets
- Design and implement data processing operations
- Identify opportunities and execute programmatic solutions to improve productivity
- Applying analytical skills to interpret business functions, understand functional requirements, and research and resolve system problems.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of standards and best practices
- BA or BS degree with course work in economics, finance, statistics, or related fields
- Excellent academic record
- Numerical or statistical programming experience
- Knowledge of foreign languages is preferred, but not required
- Superior analytical skills problem solving ability
- Structured reasoning, balancing attention to detail with effective execution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients and colleagues
- Motivation and initiative to take responsibility and make independent, well-reasoned decisions
- Judgment and capability to manage uncertainty
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.