~Team Lead, Corporate Actions ~ Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as a team supervisor/manager for the day-to-day operations of a medium to large-sized corporate actions team.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and initiatives of the team and aligns team resources accordingly to complete the daily tasks.
- Serves as first line supervisor for assignment of tasks and resolution of issues.
- Supports and completes client inquiries and requests.
- Resolves complex, escalated issues from subordinate staff.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards, and is properly reviewed and documented.
- Provides product knowledge and technical assistance on moderately complex problems.
- Acts as the teams initial point of contact for issues requiring escalation.
- Participates in the recruiting process.
- Instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of corporate actions analysts.
- Prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback to staff.
- Supervises a medium to large-sized corporate actions team.
- Responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Helps develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Associates degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 7 plus years of technical and/or management experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.