Tax Senior – Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA Pittsburgh PA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Services LP - Global
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Tax Senior – Business Tax Services - Federal/Corporate
Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple jurisdictions and countries? Do phrases like "accounting for income taxes," "tax restructuring," and "tax controversy" peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic midsize clients across a variety of industries? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte's Business Tax Services (Federal tax) practice!
What you'll do
As a Tax Senior Consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing and assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, ranging from tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and individual federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
- Coordinating with client's tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
- Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Researching federal tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client's business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client's organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 3-5 years' experience in federal taxation
- Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people , we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18PITTSRCKK035-BTS