Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - Independently compiles, synthesizes and reports on the Banks or market data sources. Provides support with access, maintenance and security activities.
- Manages complex databases, feeds, etc. and assist with more complex data sources.
- Conducts calculations for more senior colleagues and helps develop reports.
- May oversee the workflow of a Data Management and Quantitative Analysis support team and provides guidance to more junior staff. Supports day-to-day data management activities.
- Monitors data feeds and performs data scrubbing for the Data Management and Quantitative Analysis team.
- Identifies and documents violations, exceptions, or occurrences exceeding tolerance thresholds.
- Provides guidance to more junior staff. Adds and maintains data on the Banks systems, inputs and verifies accuracy of information.
- Ensures information entered by more junior team members is accurate.
- Tests software enhancements and upgrades as necessary, and may provide recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors complex databases and spreadsheets.
- Performs calculations, initiates the execution of data modeling programs and prepares initial drafts of simple charts, graphs or reports.
- Contributes to responses to data-related questions from internal and external clients and helps provide solutions.
- Ensures that all customer responses are thoroughly documented and verified.
- No direct reports.
- May provide guidance to more junior roles.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.