Overview Who we are:
This position would be part of BNY Mellon Treasury Services First Line of Defense team. The team ensures that Treasury Services risk framework processes, policies and procedures comply with applicable corporate risk and compliance standards. The individual will be part of a team that manages the business level High Level Risk Assessment (HLAs), Key Risk Indicators (KRI), etc. He/she is expected to lead some of these tasks. The specific tasks owned by the individual may change from period to period based on the priority of the tasks at that time and available bandwidth. Job Description: Regulatory Oversight Management
- Resides in the business and manages first line of defense regulatory oversight management efforts as they relate to regulatory and policy requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Services rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical ability, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to supervise small teams and projects and develop solutions for regulatory oversight management issues.
- Analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for first line of defense compliance requirements.
- Helps businesses develop procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Implement project plans to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and manage risk.
- Provide guidance and training to entry-level employees.
- No direct reports: provides technical advice/guidance to less experienced team members.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supports complex projects and provides insight on interpretation of regulations.
- Strong experience with Risk, Controls, Compliance, Reporting, Project Management, or Consulting experience with a recognized company.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.