Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
An exciting new opportunity to join an expanding Data Management audit team in a Global Financial Organization, that performs risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify risks, risk mitigants, control gaps providing independent third-line assurance over the following activities below. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA Hybrid- 3 days/week in- office.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Data Governance
- Data Curation
- Business, Data and Technology Architecture
- Data Privacy
- Data Risk Management
- Data Quality
- Data Strategy
- Data Lineage
- Metadata Management
- Master Data Management
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Technology Risk
- Delivery of the Data Management Audit plan : Leads risk-focused audits, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed. Analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test controls and problem solve with little day-to-day oversight. Owns sections of the audit program and brings them to completion. Responsible for ensuring testing (or other tasks as applicable to Data Management) is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations, when performing a project leader role. Has a deep understanding of core concepts in data analytics, data management, data quality and data governance and can integrate these concepts into audit processes.
- Building Relationships with business stakeholders : Working closely with managers and employees of businesses, business partner groups and Risk and Control to safeguard information assets, as well as the company's reputation. Has demonstrated ability to articulate difficult concepts to others, adapting communication methods/approaches as necessary. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks.
- Time Management : The ability to balance multiple simultaneous assignments, including audits and other departmental tasks and functions.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- A risk-based approach: Uses knowledge of financial institutions and applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Learns business data strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk. Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
- Accurate and detailed documentation: Demonstrates understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity. Creates and maintains accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks proactively on time, on budget, and accurately.
- Training: Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or Data Management and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Data Management preferred, although other degrees will be considered.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in Audit or Data Management preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.