Overview Senior Specialist, Production Services Application Support Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Senior Specialist, Production Services Application Support to join our EDM Production Services team. This role is in Pittsburgh, PA.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Act as one of our SME's (Subject Matter Expert) for all Incidents, Requests, Problems, and Changes
- Lead investigations and resolutions for incidents and engage the required groups including Infrastructure Support and Application Development teams as needed
- Build the right relationship with key stakeholders to allow for proper execution of the Master's roadmap
- Ensure operational stability of the Master's Platforms in the production environment.
- Participate in Application upgrades, builds, and release management activities
- Able to plan and drive Automation efforts around the build and deploy process, DR exercises, and Self-heal actions.
- Managing Vulnerabilities and its resolutions, active participating for resolutions in weekly vulnerability resolution calls
- Continuous Performance Management. Measuring performance and working with team members, developers, and others to consistently improve the team.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Requires a strong hands-on person with strong trouble shooting, and good organizational skills
- Strong hands-on experience with UNIX, SQL Databases like Oracle, and Mongo & basic network configuration.
- Have a strong scripting/development (python, perl, etc) background leaning towards automation
- Good understanding on Devops, CI/CD integrations & good knowledge about Build and Deployments.
- Working experience on monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree is beneficial.
- 8-10 years of diverse experience in information technology required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.