Overview Principal, Cyber Security Architect Who we are:
BNY Mellon, Cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology, and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing:
- This position requires hands on experience of maintaining large datasets, analyzing data to identify patterns, generating reports, identifying problems and areas of improvements, and proposing solutions and data governance strategies. Individual should be able to work interpedently on a given task with minimum supervision and collaborate in a team environment to complete complex projects. Prior experience of data analysis.
- Plans and designs security architecture and solutions by evaluating security technologies; developing requirements for applications, OS, data in motion and data at rest; designs maintainable security solutions, including access administration, public key infrastructures (PKIs), data leakage and information protection as well as COTS hardware and software; adhering to industry standards and frameworks.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues, when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Enhances existing design and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Participates in enterprise advisory boards and committees, providing architecture review and process ownership for security architecture review processes for new and existing vendor and user-developed technologies.
- Assesses security threats and vulnerabilities using structured methodologies such as TOGAF or SABSA or using NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 27001.
- Create process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and solutions for process improvements.
- Prepare and maintain security policies, standards operating procedures and associated documentation.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management review.
- Works with IT and Security teams on placement and configuration of key monitoring and prevention tools, including implementation procedures and validation solutions match design.
- Develops and implements global security architecture solutions using formal risk management methodologies.
- Develops information security architecture to enforce security requirements and address identified risks.
- Works with other IT staff to ensure design achieves both business and technical requirements.
- Evaluates vendor products for security capabilities. Remains current on IT Security/Architecture trends.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Experience evaluating, designing, and implementing Cloud architecture designs and patterns in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, especially related to Secure SDLC, dynamic and static code analysis and application threat modeling.
- Has a strong awareness of virtualization, container, and cloud solution design models, both from an on-premises and SaaS/PaaS perspective.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- CISSP (CISSP: ISSAP is a plus), GIAC, GSEC, CEH, OSCP or equivalent certifications as appropriate.
- CCSP or CCSK. Cloud security knowledge. AWS or Azure certifications acceptable
- Knowledge of ITIL or other ITSM methodology or certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and architecture, including security considerations associated with networking hardware like Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Gateways etc.
- Prior experience in emerging networking areas, including Software Defined Networking (SDN) strongly desired.
- Successful implementation experience with DevSecOps methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Solid understanding of Operating system security concepts.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.