Lead Full-Stack Developer Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of Lead Full-Stack Developer to join our Corporate Technology team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA - HYBRID.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways
- Uses existing and emerging technology platforms to design, develop and document technically detailed applications.
- S/he writes new complex systems (a grouping of programs involving multiple levels of table dimension and internal sorts that accomplishes a particular new function), designs and codes programs and creates test transactions.
- S/he also analyzes organizational needs and goals to develop and implement application systems.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity.
- May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Apply security and privacy principles.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Ensure software is updated with latest features.
- Participate in deployment process following all change controls.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Active learning engagement.
- Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time.
- Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.
- Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in system.
- Acts as mentor to junior level engineers.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline.
- 1-4 years of experience in software development or a related field.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills with knowledge of computer science fundamentals.
- Experience with software development using Agile practices such as developing CI/CD workflows and tools like GitLab, unit testing and deployment will be preferred.
- Experience working with financial products and related risk analytics will be preferred.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.