~Junior Analyst, Corporate Actions~ Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as a lead in supporting the execution of mandatory and voluntary corporate action-related custody and accounting processing, processing liability notices, processing and allocating dividend and interest payments, and processing class action suits.
- Assists in communicating needs and issues internally with operating areas and externally with clients.
- Supports and completes client inquiries and requests.
- Often assists others with more complex requests.
- Reviews reconciliations of client holdings versus agent holdings to ensure accurate corporate action transaction processing.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and develops action plans for implementation.
- Audits event files for all relevant documentation and recordkeeping requirements.
- Provides coaching and feedback to junior staff. Identifies, investigates and resolves escalated and/or complex problems in client accounts or company records.
- Trains staff in technical tools and skills as well as specific internal or external client support activities to maximize their contribution to the team and ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Serves as a team lead for a small corporate actions team. Responsible for the quality and completion of own work. Supports the achievement of team objectives.
- High School/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in financial services processing and corporate actions preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business..
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.