Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member in the role of DevOps Resiliency Support Engineer
to join our Enterprise Data Management Production Services
team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA - HYBRID
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Ensure functioning of the platforms in production environment.
- Bring new automation procedures to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts.
- Administration and management of configuration management tools
- Software builds and release management; script/automation of build process, creation of beta and formal versions of the application.
- Translation of development team requirements into Application/System configuration.
- Software configuration management; managing defects, participating in software change control board.
- Using Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems.
- Continuous Performance Management. Measuring performance and working with developers and QAs to improve it.
- Working closely with Internal Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers & developers, across locations, to ensure timely delivery.
- Build quality frameworks to provide feedback loop to developers to easy and improved Contribution Vulnerability management including patching systems and implementing security controls.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- With around 8-10 years of solid experience in supporting one or more of the following - Data Quality and Governance tools like Informatica Data Quality, Collibra Data Quality, Collibra Glossary, ASG Rochade / Becubic and Analytical tools like ThoughtSpot.
- The candidate in the last 5 years must have been hands-on experience with support activities like platform administration, deployments, upgrades, and understands & troubleshoot issues when incidents are reported in the platform.
- As strong a DevOps Resiliency Support Engineer with excellent skills in:
- Exclusively worked UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Database knowledge with strong SQL skills
- Hands on experience at least 2 scripting or programming languages like Python, Perl, Shell scripting, etc
- Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Prometheus, Splunk, Cloud Probes & Moog or equivalent
- Hands on experience in working in CI/CD tools like Git/Ansible is a must have
- Experience automating deployments and other repetitive tasks
- Experience in external and internal cloud
- Experience in vulnerabilities management.
- Having exposure to big data tools is a good to have.
- Ability to produce system documentation including operational specifications, test plans, system architecture with attention to detail.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Maintains and supports moderately complex applications and their operating environments. Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Leads root cause analysis and problem management for complex problems to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Lead production readiness reviews for new releases and validate the supportability of changes prior to introduction into production.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues.Recommends technical solutions on application problems.Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Performs periodic tests of disaster recovery processes.Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments.May review and execute Change Management scripts.Leads major incident management calls for resolution of high priority incidents.May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members.Contributes to the achievement of area objectivesMODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTSBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial8-10 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.