The Benefits Analyst will assist with benefits plan management with compliance oversight and leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of the Company retirement and savings administration. This position will participate actively in reengineering initiatives and new global processes while ensuring compliance.
The Benefits Analyst is a critical member of our Benefits & Wellbeing Delivery team. Their primary accountabilities will be within the Retirement & Savings pillar with special projects that also bridge into Wellbeing programs. This Benefits Analyst will support a variety of Benefit programming spanning pension, 401(k) and financial wellbeing programs. Program Administration - 40%
Data Integrity and Analytics - 40%
- Provides direct and indirect assistance in the administration and coordination of retiree programs.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Perform daily activities in accordance with applicable human resources policies, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Handles a variety of administration duties in support of mailings, data clean-ups and compliance/file maintenance.
Communications and Learning - 20%
- Responsible for maintaining/auditing data in HRIS/payroll systems to ensure accuracy and integrity of the data including testing and patches for upgrades.
- Ensures employee benefits enrollment data accuracy with benefit carriers.
- Participates in benefit or total rewards surveys.
- Conducts audits to monitor that terminations or other status changes are accurately reflected in the HRIS and vendor portals. Mitigates issues in partnership with Operations or HR Business Partners.
- Handles data integrity processes with carriers such as weekly file feeds or monthly payment processing. Monitors for opportunities to eliminate errors and audits data to ensure transfers are accurate and timely.
- Supports compliance, government filings and financial audit activities (ERISA, HIPAA training, ACA, 5500s, Non-discrimination testing, SPDs, SARs, new legislative requirements, section 125 testing, etc.)
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of employee communications and educational efforts.
- Directly addresses employee questions regarding benefits via email or phone. Monitors trends of repeat questions to identify if training or communications can reduce the frequency and volume of team member questions. Partners with learning or communications to address opportunities whenever possible.
- Serves as a point of escalation for HR Operations team, and subject matter expert for HRBPs and other internal partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or other related areas preferred.
- Customer Service
- Ability to work with and manipulate data
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and roll up sleeves to "go figure it out".
- Having a can-do flexible attitude is a must.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.