Operational Risk Manager
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Feb 19
Operational Risk with the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework, with a specific focus on risk analysis and RCSA Framework
A large international financial services firm in the downtown Philadelphia area.
- Aggregating and analysing risk events reported by the business units into the Basel 2 categories.
- Performing a monthly reconciliation between the risk events reported to Risk Management, Finance and Forensic departments.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners and Principal Risk Coordinators with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address medium and red key risk indicators reported monthly to Risk Management.
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Risk Management
- Strong programming and database skills, including proficiency in Access or Excel VBA programming and SQL database.
- Experience with BI tools such as SSRS and WebFocus desired but not required.
- Ability to work as a liaison between Risk Management and IT Teams in. Software Development Life Cycle understanding is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Control Frameworks (e.g., COBIT, COSO).
- Demonstrated ability in discussing a broad range of business issues in the context of operational risk (i.e. Control Risk, Processing Risk, Unauthorized Activity Risk, Information Technology Risk, etc.).
- Strong understanding of asset management operational processes and investment types (e.g., fixed income, equities, currencies, derivatives, trade life cycle, client service, etc.).
A competitive base salary with industry leading benefits