Director, Corporate Development (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Dresher, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jan 18 2018-01-10
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Just recently, Ascensus was named to the Inc. 5,000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over the last three years!
Due to our successful growth initiatives, we are adding this new position to the M&A team! We are looking for an experienced professional with corporate or business development experience with mergers and acquisitions to work closely with the EVP, Corporate Development and M&A to support the Company’s private equity driven growth strategy and will be a core member of the M&A team. This involves prioritizing acquisition categories to explore, evaluating the landscape of companies in these categories, prioritizing potential targets, valuing and structuring deals, conducting due diligence and supporting integration, when applicable. This role will require strong deal process management, business analytics, strategic thinking, problem solving, team collaboration and executive communications.
• Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
• Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
• Lead deals independently taking ownership to end to end deal processes.
• Research and source new deal flow opportunities to expand the M&A deal pipeline.
• Monitor and track acquisition targets, including creating company profiles and analysis.
• Work with EVP to determine outreach strategy and support call outs on a consistent basis.
• Work with the M&A team to develop and maintain complex financial models which support management decisions to act upon corporate initiatives and acquisition targets.
• Perform forecasting, valuation and scenario analysis.
• Support the team in preparing and providing M&A progress review and management updates to the board, executive committee and BU leadership.
• Assist in post-closing integration, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience working in a fast paced M&A and Corp Dev environment. Open to 2-3 years’ experience as an analyst/Senior Analyst in investment banking, private equity or corporate development.
• 1-2 years’ experience and demonstrated track record of independently managing end to end deal processes – sourcing, diligence, structuring and closing activities.
• Ability to engage with middle/senior management to understand needs, communicate finding.
• Ability to plan, communicate the strategy and pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well collaborate with the broader M&A team.
• High proficiency with Microsoft products especially Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent organizational, time management, planning, and problem solving/decision making skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines to meet strategic business objectives.
• Capability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Periodic travel required.
To apply, visit us online at: - http://www.applytracking.com/x.aspx?method=direct&board=E6A707E6-D64A-4626-BA0D-BB88221FB930&type=apply&job=R0002679&clientcode=9398
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer