- USD95000 - USD115000 per year + Bonus
- Conshohocken, PA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 18 Oct 18
* This is a great opportunity for a Senior accountant looking for the next step in their career. This position is with a growing real estate investment company. They started out in New York City and they are looking to expand there business here in Pennsylvania.
- Growing Real estate investment firm. This firm started out in New York and is looking to expand into the Pennsylvania area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for posting journal entries, deposits, expenditures and all other necessary accounting activity on a daily basis to achieve timely and accurate preparation, review and distribution of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the Companies various entities.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reconciliation packages for each Company entity, including but not limited to bank reconciliation's, investments, fixed assets, note receivables & note payable, and any other inter-company account.
- Organize and maintain an efficient filing system to insure the easy and timely access to historical accounting information.
- Assist the controller in developing and maintaining monthly operating revenue, finance and G&A expense budgets. Provides updates of actual monthly financial performance for inclusion in cash flow analysis and participates in maintenance and update of cash flow analysis.
- Works with Cash Management to review and maintain sufficient cash balances in assigned entities to achieve all operating and capital contribution goals, forecasts and expectations.
- Review expenses, invoices, PO's and other payables to insure they are reviewed, approved, posted and paid in timely and accurate manner. Has discretion to reclassify accounts data when required.
- Prepare quarterly cleansed financials for our lenders for all income producing entities.
- Assist the Controller in reviewing when necessary, but not limited to, financial statements, bank reconciliation's, investments, fixed assets, note receivable & note payable and any other inter-company account.
- Supervise four (4) to five (5) accounting staff.
- Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned by senior management.
- Develops operating and capital budgets, including cash requirements. Coordinates with financing to fulfill identified requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring template budgets are created and then uploaded each year working with Senior Management.
- Audit, prepare and invoice annual CAM charges for commercial tenants, and coordinate accounts receivable efforts to collect CAM invoices.
- Oversee SODA process for multi-family homes.
- Prepare and lead accounting review meetings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee accounts payable. Confirm required approvals and make timely payments to vendors.
- Maintain a financial reporting system and provide timely reports to senior management, including periodic performance to budgets, cash flow statements, income statements and balance sheets.
- Verifies accuracy and timeliness of financial data by internal audit and third-party statements.
- Prepare calendar of annual property audits.
- Maintains security of financial information and insures appropriate control and accountability for cash and other receipts.
- Identifies and verifies property and related tax obligations and makes timely payments.
- Maintain accounts receivable listing for commercial tenants and create process for collection of late rent, late charges and related reconciliations.
- Audit and prepare commercial tenants after-hour HVAC billing and collections.
- Assist in preparing annual documents needed for CPA to prepare tax returns for all related entities.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive, motivating and safe work environment.
- Comply with all Fair Housing laws, Landlord Tenant laws, OSHA safety guidelines and Equal Opportunity Employment laws. Any breach of these laws are to be reported immediately to the Controller.
- Exercise significant initiative, discretion, independent judgment, personal awareness, demonstrate confidence and confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- The minimum educational requirement to successfully perform this position is a
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and 5-10 practical experience or on the job experience equivalent to 5-10 years of college.
- The role is providing a competitive base salary+ Bonus and other incentives.