Middle Office, Officer
Who we are looking for
The position will be a point of contact for operational activities and client inquiries for several middle office clients within IMS. This person will monitor and oversee the performance of the business unit Shared Service Teams, global CoEs and India operations as it relates to the overall service delivery for our clients. The position will manage a team of individuals to ensure that the daily deliverables are met, procedures are followed, critical issues are identified, and escalated items are addressed. Prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitating timely problem resolution to mitigate risk to the corporation are required. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Transaction Management, Officer you will
What we value
- Display and provide expertise in functional and technical knowledge across multiple disciplines attending training as required
- Promote and complete all activities in line with internal standards (SOPS, Job Aids etc.)
- Lead/collaborate with others to drive success of team/department/organization
- Proactively share and promote new ideas to support process improvements and changes to team processes
- Respond in a timely manner to internal/external issues and queries
- Manage own continued professional development
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Escalate to onshore Client Service Team, where applicable.
- Monitor and review daily work to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Provide on the job training to staff as needed so that there is adequate coverage.
- Produce detailed procedures which identify risk and ensure there are appropriate mitigating controls in place. Recommend changes to operational processes where required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards.
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues, direct manager and Senior Management
- Flexibility with schedule to assist in coverage with staff vacation and illness.
- Assist with Management Reporting.
- Assists Management with day to day operational procedures.
- Participates in special projects, as needed.
- Interacts in a positive and respectful manner with team members and other functional units within the organization.
- Prepare, as required, clear and concise internal/external correspondence.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Very good communicational, organizational and planning skills,
- Team work approach
- Ability to work under time pressure/deadlines
- Attention to detail while retaining efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to provide a customer focused approach
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to "make things happen", problem solving skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required, Well-developed writing skills to facilitate the production of high-quality board minutes
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate Degree Required
- 5-7 years' experience in Transaction Management with a focus on middle- and back-office operations
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers