IMS-OPS First Line Mgr, Officer
The position will be responsible for the onboarding of new clients and the production support of existing clients with a primary focus on the client's referential data, including security master, pricing and valuations, and portfolio data. The position provides daily production support for the client's trading process, including initial equity and fixed income security setup, portfolio setup and maintenance, security valuation, mortgage factor and variable rate maintenance, and general security master file integrity.
The position will interface daily with the client's trade desk personnel, portfolio management and portfolio accounting teams, as well as multiple teams within the organization to ensure that all data elements are maintained in an accurate and in a timely manner.
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Trade Settlement, Corporate Actions, Portfolio Control, and Business Support and has daily SLAs that must be met in order to support the clients middle office services.
Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the team by developing a strong risk management and controlled environment. Eliminate risk incidents and charge-offs. Confirm the completion of the review and verification of the staff's work on a daily basis, enforcing stringent procedures and controls. Assist in the review and verification process as needed. Perform an oversight function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, Account Transitions) Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations. Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments. Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution. Interface with senior level internal and external clients and other departments on complex matters and inquiries. Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics. Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, London, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects. Develops processes, procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines, including detailed knowledge on all types of financial instruments
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences (internal and external) of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO skills necessary.