Senior Portfolio Analyst
As a Portfolio Analyst on the Short Duration and Stable Value team, you will contribute to the management of a wide range of fixed income investment vehicles and retail mutual funds, institutional accounts, and buy & hold mandates. Responsibilities include performing data analysis on performance, risk, market dynamics & opportunities, and portfolio construction. Responsibilities
• Work with a broad set of partners to ensure portfolios operate smoothly and within guidelines.
• Contribute to building portfolios by working with data, creating operational processes, and evaluating investment ideas.
• Gather and analyze large datasets needed to support portfolio decisions and communicate findings to team members and other investment professionals.
• Prepare regular and ad-hoc reporting materials for external clients and internal partners.
• Perform portfolio attribution, performance analysis, and position monitoring.
• Work closely with portfolio management team, research and trading and interact with groups across the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks.
• Become knowledgeable & proficient in several data and investment systems, such as Bloomberg and BlackRock Solutions. Required Qualifications
• BA/BS degree required preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other investment related discipline
• 2+ years' experience in investments/financial analysis
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams and individuals at various levels.
• Ability to combine superior problem-solving and analytical skills with effective communication of data-supported ideas.
• Strong computer skills and aptitude for technology, including Microsoft office systems (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, etc).
• Proficiently gather relevant data from BlackRock Solutions, Bloomberg, and other investment systems to analyze and present to portfolio management team.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, with the ability to work under tight deadlines. Preferred Qualifications
• Pursuit of the CFA designation About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.