Business Development Associate 2 or 3
- $89,200-$142,500 depending on qualifications
- Portland, OR, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NW Natural
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
This position will fill an integral role within the Business Development team. The successful candidate will support the design and implementation of NW Natural’s business development strategy, including related to M&A and project development.
Position Essential Functions:
- Provide modeling and analytical support for the evaluation of corporate initiatives including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, new business segments and other opportunities.
- Monitor and research market data and dynamics to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations for senior management.
- Perform financial due diligence and prepare valuation models as part of deal proposal packages.
- Support strategic relationships and communication with key stakeholders.
- Support the Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related business field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate development or strategic planning roles for Level 2 position. Additional years of experience required for Level 3.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills including the ability to analyze a wide variety of new business opportunities related to the utility sector (gas, water, electric) and energy industry more broadly.
- Utility valuation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of technical and economic characteristics of energy industry or proven ability to quickly develop expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and bring forward new business concepts, analyses and strategies to aid the company and the department.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the preparation of documents and presentations for varied audiences (board and executive team, potential counterparties, other external stakeholders).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to function effectively in a small team environment.
- Must be comfortable with a team effort approach to large, complex projects.
Salary Range: $89,200-$109,250-$129,350 (Grade 22) or $98,300-$120,400-$142,550 (Grade 23) depending on qualifications.
Application Process: Submit complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Deadline: November 3, 2017
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.