Associate Financial Advisor/Licensed Paraplanner
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate to expand industry knowledge within an established Financial Planning and Wealth Advisory Practice. Long term growth potential.
Step into an instrumental role at a Private Wealth Management Franchise of Ameriprise Financial. This role assists lead Financial Advisor and Team Members in delivering a consistent client experience as a part of our client service model to both new clients and our existing client base. Position will consistently follow the highest standards of business and professional ethics and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements. This is not a sales position. Responsibilities Key Responsibilities:
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner:
- Input client data into Naviplan for new and renewal financial plans, preparing financial plans.
- Handle and process checks, forms and requests received by clients.
- Prioritize and perform work in accordance with established procedures.
- Protect client data and confidentiality
- Ensure that all work completed meets regulatory and corporate policy requirements. This includes submission of documents to Corporate Compliance in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare client service meeting files, agendas, correspondence, and reports.
- Prepare forms, applications, documents, or other written materials, ensuring they are complete and accurate prior to submission for processing.
- Place trades and process transactions in accordance with firm policy.
- Assist with business tracking of transactions such as rollovers, processing transfers, and assisting with insurance policy services.
Required Qualifications Applicant Education and License Requirements:
- High competency on computer-based programs and applications such as Microsoft Office, Naviplan, Thomson ONE, Morningstar.
- Analytical and strategic thinker, problem solver.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills, ability to complete tasks with 100% accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the team, clients, advisors, Ameriprise Corporate Office, and third-party vendors.
- Proven written and oral communications skills and client service orientation.
- Efficient time management and demonstrated ability to multi-task, keen logic, fast learner, and ability to adapt to change as needed, instructed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- Positive attitude and desire to constantly learn and grow.
- Adherence to compliance regulations as stated and required by Ameriprise Financial Services Inc, FINRA and any other regulatory body with oversight responsibility for our practice.
- High School Graduate or equivalency.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Related Area of Study (Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting) or 3 years of industry related experience and current Series 7, Series 63/66, & Life Health Insurance Licenses.
- Preference given to applicants with experience working in financial services with Series 7 & 63/66 and Life & Health Insurance licensing.
- New hires will be expected to pass any additional required licensing exams within the first 120 days of employment.
- Commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience.
- Paid Vacation.
- Retirement Plan with Profit Sharing.
- Potential for Bonus.
If you are a client service focused individual, we encourage you to contact us and explore opportunities with our firm. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. To apply submit cover letter and resume.