Senior Brokerage Services Representative
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Oct 18
Senior Brokerage Services Representative
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
NYLIFE Securities, a subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, provides world-class brokerage services and a wide variety of investment options to our New York Life customers. Our NYLIFE Securities Senior Brokerage Services Representatives are responsible for supporting our sales professionals and account holders by providing outstanding customer service, educating our customers on our account features, and providing first-call resolution of complex transactional requests. Our Senior Representatives are also responsible for executing customer mutual fund, stock and bond trades. In this role, our Senior Representatives will be charged with gaining a comprehensive understanding of our operational and legal procedures, master multiple administrative systems, and operate in accordance with financial industry policies and best practices in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We will also expect our Senior Representatives to contribute towards special projects (such as data analysis and process improvement initiatives), according to our evolving business needs.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Provide best-in-class service to our agents and clients by taking approximately 60 inbound calls per day, providing first-call resolution to our customer inquiries
- Deliver concierge service to our top producing sales professionals and high net worth clients
- Handle incoming trading calls on all product types serviced by NYLIFE Securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) and execute customer trade requests accurately and efficiently
- Serve as a resource to our junior staff members by assisting with escalated issues and complex customer inquiries
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of our operational procedures, company policies, industry principles
- Communicate complex product and compliance requirements to our sales professionals and account owners in a compassionate, easy-to-understand manner
- Learn and maintain a strong working knowledge of multiple systems, products and services.
- Partner with other teams to provide education and assistance in handling overflow work
- Participate in cross training and on special projects (including data analysis, audit support, and process improvement initiatives) assigned by the Investor Relations Manager
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Business discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Series 7 & 63 FINRA licenses required (employment contingent upon passing license exams within 120 days)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex topics clearly
- A passion for service delivery and process improvement
- Commitment to teamwork
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Training & Development:
Brokerage Services Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.