Senior Associate, Prospecting Tools & Resources Support
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 Mar 19
Senior Associate, Prospecting Tools & Resources Support
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
This role will lead the design, development and implementation of agent tools & resources in support of consumer approach and nurturing initiatives aimed at empowering New York Life Field Managers to guide agents to convert consumers into prospects and clients. This role includes developing, building and deploying turnkey resources to increase prospect lead conversions. We are looking for an outstanding individual with strong leadership skills, excellent intellectual and analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications and influencing capabilities, and a passion to effect change across the organization.
- Develop, build and deploy turnkey tools and resources to increase lead conversion
- End-to-end programs to enable agents to nurture leads and increase conversion rates (e.g., follow-up programs)
- Maximize lead conversion investments and plan relevant efforts accordingly
- Measure impact of initiatives and programs on agents' production and retention vs. KPIs
- Partner with members of the Prospecting Sourcing Team, Prospecting Training/CRM Team as well as the Marketing organization in defining the strategy for the distribution / assignment of corporate-generated leads to agents
- Support the definition and implementation of agents' follow-up and re-distribution processes in case leads are not properly contacted
- Partner with the Marketing organization in monitoring, tracking and reporting the performance of each general office, and determine corrective actions, as needed
- Collaborate with the other functions within the Field Prospecting Team to ensure an effective execution of approaching & nurturing consumer lead initiatives
- Partner with Training Support Group on content creation and delivery to field managers to ensure approaching & nurturing initiatives are delivered to the field through training and are embedded in CRM efforts
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience with 2-3 years in relevant industry, sector, business area. Experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience operating within a SalesForce CRM environment
- Experience with lead generation and management software a plus
- Prior marketing & sales material resource development experience a plus
- Experience with the client acquisition lifecycle (consumer, prospect, client) and with building strategies and tactics for insurance agents / advisors to increase their lead conversion rates and grow their book of business
- Experience with partnering with other departments (e.g., Marketing) to operationalize prospecting tools and resources that will empower agents in the field
- Ability to develop and track KPIs to track the effectiveness of tools and resources provided
- Ability to determine costs and benefits associated with tools and resources as applicable, and prioritize accordingly
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.