Senior Associate, Agency Meetings
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Mar 19
Senior Associate, Agency Meetings
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
- Be an integral part of a small, high-powered team responsible for managing and executing the content of the most complex and largest Agency meetings: Partners, Executive Council, President's Council, Chairman's Council, November Managing Partners Planning Meeting as well as Career Summit and Eagle Strategies Summit.
- Work independently and have autonomy to make day-to-day decisions regarding all Agency Meetings project plans/timelines, Home Office attendee lists and speaker rehearsal schedules.
- Facilitate a consultative process working with Agency business units to identify and create business unit attendee lists and solicit business unit presentation materials.
- Manage and deliver all onsite Agency Meetings workshop content/presentations - working with and rehearsing speakers, managing onsite assistants, directing AV crew, and trouble-shooting and solving any/all onsite problems and challenges.
- Create and maintain: Agency Meeting project plans/timelines, business unit event attendee lists, event speaker rehearsal schedules.
- Serve as liaison and provide consultative services for event speakers throughout the event cycle.
- Liaise with business units, speakers and SMRU to ensure that all event presentations are SMRU-approved, correctly branded, and formatted properly.
- Catalogue Agency meeting presentations post-event for future reference.
- Work with Agency colleagues to write Council Honor Awards Dinner presentation flow charts ensuring that flow charts align with executive awards scripts.
- Liaise with Studio 51 to create the Partners and Council "Leaders for Life" videos with discretion to identify and propose the agents and field managers to be highlighted.
- Build strong, collaborative, productive relationships and work cross-functionally with Agency business units.
- Create and maintain schedule and data for the bi-annual General Office Kickoff Meeting Portal and Team site online pages.
- Be detail-oriented, have outstanding planning and organization skills, and have strong communication skills.
- Have expert relationship-building and management skills and the ability to network across a large organization - spread across numerous sites - to get things done without direct authority.
- Have expertise in PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, and Excel (Photo Shop and InDesign experience is a plus).
- Be extremely tech-savvy, business-savvy and flexible - with travel required (30-45 days per year).
- College degree preferred
- Professional demeanor.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.