- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Researcher - New Construction
Location: White Plains, NY, USAOur New Construction team is responsible for locating and tracking commercial real estate property data in our Company's nationwide markets. You'll obtain detailed property-level information to generate market intelligence for the commercial real estate industry, and will learn about the new construction aspect of the commercial real estate industry to best track properties in development. On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for:
Discovery and Validation
- Find property level data by reading through guides, journals, and other industry print publications.
- Search industry websites and other online sources to obtain information.
- Confirm and/or obtaining property level data utilizing assessor and recorder databases and other sources.
- Confirm and/or obtaining property level data via direct telephone conversations with property owners, brokers and other contracts.
- Enter and update information in our proprietary database.
- Monitor and reporting status of market and sector percentage coverage in relation to outside sources.
- Create a record of all contacts and building relationships with key CRE players involved in all aspects of CRE construction.
- Identify new sources of research and information and share results with your team.
- Become a market expert on major commercial real estate issues and activities on local and national levels.
- Identify and reconcile data discrepancies and inconsistencies.
Required We seek out people who are goal-oriented, highly motivated, flexible, and always looking for ways to make things better. In our Operations teams, we like people who are detail-oriented, flexible and not afraid of the phone!
- At least 1 year experience in a commercial research environment where both interpersonal and research/analytical skills were utilized.
- Demonstrated research experience in course work, internships, and/or prior position required.
- High School Diploma required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proven research capabilities utilizing telephone, library, and web-based methods a must.
- Must have strong digital skills, including MS Office and Internet.
Preferred Associates or Bachelor's Degree a plus. Degree in Real Estate highly preferred.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.