Inbound Sales Associate, Investments
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Inbound Sales Associate, Investments
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive Annuity and Mainstay Mutual Fund product expertise to the members of New York Life's career agency field force, field managers and product consultants. In partnership with New York Life's premiere Investment sales consultant team, the Investment Product Specialist is also responsible for supporting quarterly sales strategies, unique key projects, new campaigns and dynamic programs.
- Field inbound calls from Agents, Field Managers and Product Consultants regarding the technical aspects of the suite of Annuity products including Fixed Annuities, Income Annuities, Variable Annuities and MainStay Mutual Funds for both current products sold and inforce policies/contracts.
- Identify sales opportunities and promote the sale of New York Life Annuities and MainStay Mutual Funds.
- Assist agents in the sales process by providing product knowledge, hypothetical illustrations and current sales promotions to close the case.
- Pass leads to the Internal Investment Sales Desk.
- Use Morningstar and CDS Thomson software to provide hypothetical and competitive research to Agents.
Computer skills and various techniques are used with proficiency utilizing the following systems: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Morningstar, NYLIS illustration system, Asset Allocation Tool, Social Security Analyzer, Client Analysis Tool, Agency Portal, Salesforce, Portal Contact System and Rightbridge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 or Series 7, Life and Health license required or the ability to attain licenses within 90 days
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Continually learning new products and staying abreast of product and market
- Needs the ability to generate Internal Wholesaler lead generation
- Creates and explains complex illustrations based on product and market knowledge
- Assisting new agents and GO management in learning new products.
- Collaborate with other team members to create cross-selling opportunities.
- Assists in the training process for onboarding new members of the team.
- Training team members on new product implementation in the areas of: Fixed, Income and Variable Annuities, Mainstay Mutual Funds, including tools and calculators.
- Assists agents in determining product solutions that will best solve client's needs and/or problems. For example choosing approporiate vehicle for wealth accumulation, income needs, risk tolerance.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using education and/or equivalent experience, judgment and precedents.
- Works with team members and departments throughout the company to assist with complex and in depth product questions and positioning.
Decision Making / Nature of Impact
- Decisions include portfolio construction, product and rider suitability based on: client assets, fact finding, client time horizon, risk tolerance and legacy concerns.
- Assures the Inbound call flow is attended to with accurate information in the most timely and efficient manner to provide the enhanced customer experience.
- Very strong oral communication skills are required on the phone with callers to properly explain how the products and riders work.
- Ability to direct the agent to the proper area to fulfill the customer experience.
- Communicate with Field and Product Management providing feedback on daily interactions with agents.
- Provides promotion of current departmental priorities: supporting quarterly sales strategies, unique key projects, new campaigns and dynamic programs.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.