Digital Communications Lead
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Digital Communications Lead
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
General Profile :
The Senior Digital Communications Lead role will execute day-to-day and long-term email campaign management and execution for Agency Communications, for home office to field communications. This role will assume responsibility for operational management of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) platform, CMDA, Outlook and possibly future email platforms the department may use. This role will be responsible for all aspects of email platform configuration, operations, data mapping, analytics and governance. Responsibilities include:
• Provide operational support and regular status updates in aid of communication campaigns to field
• Run small-medium scale projects independently while providing regular status updates to senior management
• Develop and maintain project plan documents (detailed project plan, GANTT chart etc.)
• Execute improvements to email, collaboration and publishing procedures that represent peer team requirements (e.g., legal, compliance, technology)
• Deliver analytics and insights to communication planners for email campaigns
• Assume ownership of discrete pieces of larger strategic efforts
• Prioritize and process day-to-day email campaign projects and tasks
• Partner with web content publishing peers and business units
• Ensure that customer projects and deliverables are compliant with corporate standards
• Lead enhancement projects, coordinating with peer IT groups
• Bachelor Degree
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
• Complete knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and similar platforms. This includes implementation, configuration, content builder template creation, data management, analytics and journey builder.
• Knowledge of HTML, web content management applications, UX, MS Office, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite and web analytics.
• Strong organizational, communication and project management skills.
• Must be able to handle high volume, high stress environment. with tight turnaround demands.
Problem Solving : Must apply creative problem-solving to maximize our usage of tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Decision Making/ Nature of Impact : Must assist junior team members with creative problem-solving with minimal supervision.
Communication Requirements : Must assist project managers to set customer expectations when prioritizing day-to-day publishing requests and when providing delivery estimates for long-term projects; expected to communicate efforts to project managers, and work with writers and creative staff to meet customer expectations; provide training to peers and internal clients.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.