Corporate Vice President, Training Support Lead
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 21 Mar 19
Corporate Vice President, Training Support Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
This role will lead a team of experienced individuals in coaching Field Training Managers (Development Managers or DMs) on prospecting strategies, initiatives, processes, toolsets, and skills, so DMs can in turn coach Agents on developing strong prospecting skillsets. We are looking for an outstanding individual with strong leadership skills, excellent intellectual, pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications and influencing capabilities, a robust strategy and change management toolkit, a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels, and strong people management and development skills. A major part of this role will be to support the adoption of our Sales Force customer relationship management platform, by training DMs to be the primary support resource in bringing new agents up to competency level in using that platform.
• Support the National Development Team in transforming Field Development Managers (DMs) into prospecting resources with great efficiency and effectiveness in their local sales offices
‒ Support development and delivery of training materials on prospecting strategies, initiatives, processes, toolsets, and skills to coach Field Managers (DMs) on the "what, the why and the how"
‒ Support webinars/virtual classrooms and in-person Prospecting Sessions (e.g., skill builders, schools) to coach Field Managers (DMs)
‒ Help ensure Field Managers (DMs) coach agents and other field managers (e.g., Partners) on prospecting initiatives, processes, toolsets, and skills
‒ Work with Field Managers (DMs) to track impact of local office initiatives on KPIs; gather details on local prospecting initiatives that are successful
• Collaborate with the other functions within the Field Prospecting Team to support initiatives and programs aimed at increasing lead sourcing and nurturing results
‒ Surface local initiatives that have the potential to be rolled out more broadly into national programs to other local offices
‒ Support the building of national programs/initiatives
• Partner with other departments (Agency Digital Experience, Marketing) on enabling agents to leverage CRM capabilities (Marketing and Sales Central) for prospecting
‒ CRM activation: train field managers (DMs) on CRM capabilities for prospecting
‒ CRM development: provide inputs on development of CRM capabilities required for prospecting
‒ Collaborate with National Development team on driving field managers (DMs) to push CRM activation among agents; support initiatives aimed at guiding agents to activate/utilize CRM
‒ Provide inputs on improvement opportunities for CRM to better serve prospecting needs
‒ Surface business requirements to Marketing and drive team through their fulfillment
• Provide support on prospecting requests from field managers; manage online prospecting resources (e.g., portals, tools) and develop systems (e.g., templates, procedures) to automate request fulfillment
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience with 3+ years in relevant industry, sector, business area. Experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience operating and leading a team within a SalesForce CRM environment
- Ability to build and implement training standards, systems and best practices for content creation, curation, distribution, archiving and ongoing maintenance
- Experience with the development and management of an integrated training calendar
- Ability to conduct gap analysis of existing content, identify sections that need a greater depth of material, remove outdated material, and develop content to address identified gaps
- Experience with the client acquisition lifecycle (consumer, prospect, client) and with coaching individuals on prospecting skills and tactics to enable them to grow their book of business
- Understanding of Virtual Classroom user experience, especially as it pertains to adult learning and remote virtual learning experience
- Passion for creating great training with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards
- Ability to effectively interact and earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Ability to lead end-to-end delivery of solutions; history of demonstrating results via training efforts
- Ability to support implementation of key enterprise initiatives by forming collaborative partnerships with colleagues across businesses and functional areas
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.