Corporate Vice President, Sourcing Consumer Lead
- White Plains, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 Mar 19
Corporate Vice President, Sourcing Consumer Lead
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
New York Life's primary distribution channel is the career Agency sales force of more than 12,000 agents, operating in virtually every major city in the United States. Every agent is affiliated with one of our 117 General Offices. These offices are operated by Agency management teams responsible for agent and management recruiting, development, and sales. Approximately half our agents operate their businesses out of our General Offices, while the other half maintains independent office locations.
Our General Offices are divided up among four Zones. In addition to our Zone offices, an Agency Home Office team responsible for strategy, finance, administration, standards, training, marketing and communications supports our agents and field managers. The Agency operation also comprises teams charged with growing our business in key market segments, including the middle-income market, the advanced (high-net-worth) market, select cultural markets, and the women's markets. Agents sell individual life insurance, individual annuities, and long-term care insurance products, as well as mutual funds.
This role will lead the design, development and implementation of prospecting strategies aimed at empowering New York Life Field Managers to guide Agents to secure prospects through warm market niches. We are looking for an outstanding individual with strong leadership skills, excellent intellectual and analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem-solving skills, strong communications and influencing capabilities, a robust strategy and change management toolkit, a passion to effect change across the organization at the most senior levels, and strong people management and development skills.
• Empower New York Life Field Managers to guide Agents to secure prospects through targeted marketing efforts:
‒ Agent markets: Build resources and processes to support new agents in identifying and developing warm target market opportunities, by leveraging word and mouth and 21st century digital marketing tools
‒ Institutions: work with corporations to open warm prospecting opportunities with executives / employees; develop plan, program, and supporting materials
‒ Associations: partner with New York Life internal teams (e.g., Group Membership leadership) through the design, development and implementation of associations & corporate leads programs; liaise to develop new relationships with associations to target; develop plans, programs, and supporting materials
‒ Events & seminars: develop programs to drive lead generation in New York Life local offices; build supporting tools, resources and communication materials
• Develop, build and deploy turnkey resources to increase name flow through the above market niches:
‒ Processes with ready-to-use materials and learning and development programs
‒ Optimize agent lead generation investments and plan relevant efforts accordingly
‒ Determine costs and benefits associated with lead generation efforts and prioritize
‒ Measure impact of initiatives and programs on production and retention vs. KPIs
• Collaborate with the other functions within the Field Prospecting team to ensure an effective execution of the consumer sourcing strategic initiatives:
‒ Ensure sourcing efforts are followed by relevant approaching & nurturing initiatives
‒ Ensure lead generation initiatives are delivered to the field through training and are embedded into CRM activation efforts
• Support New York Life corporate Marketing and other departments (as needed) in their efforts to design, develop and implement a lead distribution strategy
‒ Provide inputs to Marketing strategy and lead generation strategy, plan, and efforts
‒ Support development and execution of lead distribution/assignment strategy (e.g., how should leads be distributed, field managers' roles, lead management post distribution)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience with 3+ years in relevant industry, sector, business area
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience operating and leading a team within a SalesForce CRM environment
- Experience with lead generation and management software as a plus
- Extensive experience with the client acquisition lifecycle (consumer, prospect, client) and with building prospecting strategies and tactics for agents/advisors to grow their book of business
- Experience with partnering with other departments (e.g., Marketing) to operationalize high-value demographics (e.g., mature affluent) by identifying local networks of connected individuals and building programs and tools to support the development of these networks
- Ability to analyze market trends, identify market segments (e.g., associations, partnerships), develop strategies to penetrate market segments, and build materials to execute strategies
- Experience with identifying types of events that could drive lead generation, developing initiatives to generate leads, and building KPI/analytics to measure effectiveness
- Ability to lead a mix of quantitative and qualitative individuals, manage and develop them
- Ability to effectively interact and earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization, including Marketing departments
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.