Financial Project Accountant
- 75K + bonus eligibility
- Syosset, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Advantage XPO
- 18 Sep 17 2017-09-18
Our client is a leading Architecture/Engineering/Construction Management firm in the tri-state area, they are seeking an experienced Financial Project Accountant for their Syosset, Long Island headquarters.
The primary responsibility of this newly established position is to support the Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Project Managers in the financial oversight and management of company projects. Specific duties include:
- Project Performance – Utilize existing systems and/or establish new methodologies and metrics to monitor on-going project performance.
- Accounts Receivable - Coordinate among appropriate individuals to make certain that outstanding receivables are being pursued.
- Unbilled Labor - Coordinate among appropriate individuals to make certain the billing of all open time charges is completed expeditiously.
- Billing Terms – Review new contracts for billing terms and contract values to make sure that they are properly reflected in the company’s accounting system, and that scheduled rate increases are properly implemented.
- Reporting - Develop and maintain the necessary tracking and reporting systems to insure execution of the above tasks as well as the dissemination of project performance information to company and project management.
Qualified candidates will have the following background and experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years financial/accounting experience with a professional services company.
- Must possess Engineering/construction industry experience.
- BS in Accounting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
They offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer.