- Rye Brook, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
SUMMARY: A Corporate Lender is responsible for originating commercial loans and for cross-selling BankUnited products to commercial accounts. Incumbents are expected to meet or exceed production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Interviews loan applicants, and collects and analyzes financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
* Establishes, and negotiates terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral requirements.
* Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. May obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant's business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, personal interview, and other means.
* Presents loan requests to the executive loan committee when the proposed loan dollar volume exceeds the department's lending authority.
* Authorizes or rejects overdrafts in depository account within established authorities.
* Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
* Advise customers, where possible, concerning business management and financial matters.
* Serves as a contact officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
* Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sells bank services.
* Prepares lending activity reports for department management.
* Keeps abreast of local and national economic, financial, political and legislative events and climates which could have an impact on corporate and commercial lending activities.
* Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
* Maintains professional and community relations to increase the bank's visibility and new business opportunities, and to further personal development.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lender I, II & III: None
Lender IV: Responsible for the most sophisticated lending relationships in portfolio
Responsible for development of the less experienced officers and credit analyst
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Lender I - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 3 - 5 years of experience. Credit experience preferred.
Lender II - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 3 - 5 years of commercial lending experience.
Lender III - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 5 - 10 years of commercial lending experience.
Lender IV - Bachelors degree in business administration and/or finance. 10 years plus of commercial lending experience.