Manager, Legal Compliance
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Manager, Legal Compliance
Mastercard is committed to protecting our network from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing. The Global Anti Money Laundering (AML) Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has implemented a customer monitoring program to meet regulatory obligations, support internal stakeholder investigations and to ensure that customers have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard requirements.
• Review and Disposition Level II AML Customer transaction monitoring alerts through:
-Consultation with AML Regional Advisory and cross functional teams, including Account Management and Product teams
-Direct interaction with Customers
-Consultation with Global Business Services Center Analysis (GBSC) team and FIU management
• Thoroughly document alert resolutions and escalate as necessary for further action through AML Regional Advisory team
• Conduct AML/Sanctions Customer onsite reviews in consultation with the AML Regional Advisory team, to measure compliance with Mastercard Rules
-Includes scheduling reviews, collecting/reviewing documentation, traveling to the customer site or conducting virtual reviews
• Write comprehensive reports in consultation with the AML Regional Advisory team
• Maintain accurate and timely tracking of reports and follow-up actions, including customer remediation
All About You
• Bachelor degree required, or equivalent banking/financial operations, payments industry, risk management or compliance related experience
• Strong understanding of AML, BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC controls and requirements
• ACAMS Certification preferred
• Up to 40% travel required
• Bilingual-Spanish preferred
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to proactively manage time and be able to prioritize assignments to meet target dates and deadlines, while delivering thorough, accurate and quality work product
• Effective scheduling and planning skills
• Ability to work independently, follow and execute procedures with limited to no supervision, work in a fast paced and dynamic environment while handling multiple tasks, and consistently meeting established deadlines
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to monitor and interpret information and make accurate decisions
• Must have thorough and persistent follow-up skills
• Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to write comprehensive factual, concise and detailed reports and memorandums
• Minimum working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.