Director, Employee Relations
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Director, Employee Relations
Mastercard is looking for an experienced Employee Relations professional to join it's expanding Global Employee Relations team. Working closely with the HR Business Partners, employment law, compliance and business stakeholders, the desired candidate will develop and leverage ER best practices and processes to support our culture of decency and fairness consistent with Mastercard values and local laws. This position can be based in either Purchase NY or Miami Florida.
• Provide expert advice to HR, managers and employees about company policies and processes
• Investigate employee relations concerns, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other work-related issues
• Prepare investigative documentation, including interview notes and summary of findings
• Prepare, track and maintain appropriate investigation and reorganization data and documentation
• Use case management system to manage cases from intake to resolution
• Provide and manage periodic reporting to relevant senior stakeholders
• Establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels and geographies
• Partner with relevant control functions on investigations and outcomes
• Partner with internal employment counsel, compliance and HR Business Partners to effectively manage employee relations issues/investigations
• Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to drive global projects
• Create insights from data to inform process and improvements to drive a culture consistent with Mastercard values
All About You:
•Bachelor's degree required
•Combined human resources or legal experience, with demonstrated passion for employee relations
•Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws
•Experience advising on a wide range of employee relations issues
•Strong investigative skills
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and analyze data
•Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect
•Exceptional detail and follow-up skills
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Bilingual Spanish-speaking/writing a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.