: Real Estate – BREDS, Loan Transaction Attorney, Associate (147A)
Job Description: Blackstone
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Blackstone is seeking a dedicated transactional real estate attorney to join the Real Estate Debt Strategies team in New York. The candidate will primarily manage the legal process for the origination, closing and syndication of commercial real estate debt investments, in addition to working on other related matters for Blackstone's global real estate debt business. Responsibilities
- Work with internal deal teams, senior business leaders and outside counsel to structure, negotiate and execute complex real estate finance investments (including senior loans, construction loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments)
- Draft, review and negotiate term sheets, preliminary loan quotes and commitment letters
- Participate and present in pipeline meetings, internal deal discussions and committee meetings
- Review, analyze and comment on all core loan documents (loan agreements, guaranties, intercreditor agreements, co-lender agreements, etc.) and lead negotiations with sponsors, co-lenders and other syndication parties
- Perform and evaluate legal due diligence, including property-level matters and sponsor KYC
- Coordinate with internal teams with respect to transaction management activities, oversee loan closing processes and manage outside counsel
- Provide support to capital markets team on syndications and secondary market transactions
- Assist asset management team with post-closing matters, including loan modifications and contract interpretation
- Support executive team on strategic initiatives
- Minimum of 6 years of real estate transactional experience with significant experience representing lenders on real estate financing transactions, including loan originations and syndications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with desire to contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to play lead roles and make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work both independently and within teams
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, self-starter; demonstrates hustle and drive
- Highest level of integrity and professionalism
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.