Windows (VMware) Engineer
New York | Stamford
Reporting to the Windows Server Engineering Manager, this person will work as part of a Windows Engineering team responsible for the design, implementation and 3 rd level support of Windows server systems and applications such as: messaging, MDM, remote access, virtualization, core Microsoft services (AD/DNS/DHCP), file services (including DFS/DFSR), audit/control applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for the VMware environment as well as being involved with other applications. The ability to develop scripts/applications for enhancing the automation of existing and/or future infrastructure systems is a plus. The individual must have a working knowledge of core Windows infrastructure components. The successful candidate will be self motivated and responsible for all aspects of projects they are assigned, including planning, management, communication and documentation. Qualified candidate will possess:
Required Technical Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience implementing and administering VMware ESX - version 6.x REQUIRED
- Minimum 3 years experience working with PowerShell (preferred), VBScript, Perl, C# and/or other relevant development technologies
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop programmatic/scripted solutions to solve technical challenges and/or automate repetitive tasks.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an environment of rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment.
- Strong technical Windows server management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the way of formal documentation and status reporting
- Proven ability to engineer, document and then handover solutions to support groups
Desired/Optional Technical Skills
- VMware ESX (version 6.x)
- Scripting (PowerShell [Preferred], VBScript, batch, Perl, Python)
- Experience working with Nutanix
- Comfortable with Markup Languages (XML, HTML, JSON)
- Active Directory / DNS / DHCP /DFS / Clustering
- Development (C#, C++, .Net, ASP.Net)
- Working Knowledge of Encryption Technologies (TLS, Certificates, Public/Private Key pairs)
- Engineering and supporting Windows Based Server Platforms
- Automation platform (Ansible [preferred], Chef ]
- Microsoft IIS/ SharePoint / Apache / Tomcat
- Citrix Xen App/Desktop
- Cloud Providers AWS / Azure
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.