Wholesale Payments, Head of NA Liquidity Product Solutions Specialists, ED/MD
About J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's Wholesale Payments business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
The Liquidity Solutions team is responsible for liquidity management, cash deposits and associated revenues within the Wholesale Payments organization. Product Solutions Specialists work in partnership with the Treasury Services Sales & Coverage Banking organizations to solution cash deposits and account structures including physical cash concentration, notional pooling and virtual accounts for large corporations (LC) in-region and across the globe.
This role will lead the team of Liquidity Product Solutions Specialists (PSS) in North America and report to both the Global Head of Liquidity PSS and NA Head of Liquidity.
Responsibilities include Business Results
- Ability to lead a team of PSS to deliver in-region and global liquidity mandates, through to realization, with LC; deepen existing relationships and foster new opportunities
- Create targeted programs to drive effective sales targeting and delivery of deposit/ revenue plans
Client/ Customer/ Stakeholder
- Proven experience with, and ability to further develop, liquidity solutioning techniques which deliver value to LCs through improved visibility, control and optimization
- Working knowledge of intra-company funding management, including debt/ equity, tax considerations, dividends, transfer pricing
- Proficiency with currency management practices across the operational and strategic sphere
- Understanding of client monies and practical application to liquidity management
Teamwork and Leadership
- Ability to build relationships internally with Sales and Coverage and externally with Corporate Treasurers as a trusted advisor
- Ability to identify emerging market trends and adapt solutions as well as translate into new product innovation opportunities.
- Advocate for the global needs of LC in a commercial manner
- Represent WP and Liquidity Solutions at relevant industry forums, increase visibility in the market.
Risk and Control
- Strong leadership and partnership skills
- Foster relationships across J.P. Morgan, with Sales and Coverage, Payments, Securities Services, Trade, Markets, to deliver the power of the firm to LC solutions
· Understand the risk attributes related to Liquidity products and apply to all client solutions
- Contribute to a robust risk & control environment and demonstrate expected risk & control behaviors
- Identify, escalate and remediate any issues in a timely manner
- Understand the regulatory environment related to liquidity and adapt to LC dialogues as comprehensive representative of J.P. Morgan
- Experience with Liquidity Products and working capital management solutioning
- Proven ability to build credibility with Corporate Treasurers
- Execution-oriented self-starter who takes initiative and is able to deliver in efficient and effective manner
- Strong understanding and appreciation of the regulatory and control environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to influence across disciplines and drive execution
- Strong financial, analytical and strategic skills