Wealth Management, Private Bank, Event Planner - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading globalfinancial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four businesssegments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and InvestmentBanking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader ininvestment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions,high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major marketthroughout the world. The division offers investment management across allmajor asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-assetand money market funds. For individual investors, the business also providesretirement products and services, brokerage and banking services includingtrusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. WealthManagement:
J.P.Morgan Private Bank advises the world's wealthiest families and helps themachieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutionsand services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to helpclients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
TheU.S. Private Bank advises families across the U.S. through 45 offices andrepresents one of the largest growth opportunities for J.P. Morgan Chase &Co. In 2019, the U.S. Private Bank was recognized by Euromoney as the #1Private Bank Overall in North America. Our Team
The Associate Event Planner will create andexecute client event activities from concept through execution and evaluatereturn on investment. The planner will support the event strategy for themarkets bringing creative ideas, suggested venues and proposed content to themarket with thought to strategic execution.
Thejob demands interaction with colleagues on the global events team, bankers andproduct partners, and senior management so that we can ensure a consistent anddistinctive experience for clients which underscore our business strategies.The event team's goals are to help markets increase client business/deepenexisting relationships, create and drive efficiencies for all internal partnersand maintain the J.P. Morgan brand standard at all events. High pressuredposition demands strong communication skills, accuracy, long hours and extensivetravel in the region with occasional opportunity outside the region. Datamanagement is an equal part of overall responsibilities.
The role is located inNew York reporting directly to the Head of Latin America Private Bank Events. Responsibilities
- Understandbusiness objectives and help develop an event strategy that supports businessgoals
- Managehigh-touch events consistent with J.P. Morgan Private Bank brand standards
- Strongin data and budget management, task prioritization and operational efficiencies
- Familiarwith key LatAm cities, venues / vendors, as well as cultural nuances
- Partnershipwith other lines of business, in order to leverage cross-sell eventopportunities
- Abilityto influence stake holders in order to keep projects on track and in line withregional strategy
- Abilityto negotiate with event venues and vendors to maximize budget allocations
- Businessacumen to think strategically and problem solve offering creative solutions
- Abilityto multi-task and work under tight deadlines with prompt and clear responses
- Participatein frequent events team and business meetings, providing updates as needed
- Strongpresentation skills
- Aminimum of 6-8 years' prior experience in event management related activities
- Portugueseand/or Spanish language skills a must
- Exemplaryoral/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Solidproject management experience
- Extremelydetailed oriented
- Availabilityto work late hours and travel internationally on a regular basis
- Proficiencyin Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint sites
- Willingnessto learn, adapt and have a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Skilledat handling difficult personalities and able to liaise with senior managementon a regular basis
- Priorexperience in financial services a plus