Wealth Management - Private Bank - Banker - Vice President - New York, NY
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Banker is the face of J.P. Morgan's Private Banking business. The Banker leads new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services and financial planning. This role is primarily responsible for the client experience and engaging our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution.
- Responsible for advising clients on investment, banking and trust/estate products.
- Leverage and coordinate specialists (Investor, Capital Advisor, Trust and Estate Advisor and Wealth Advisor) to provide interdisciplinary expertise for our most complex clients
- Manage each account to ensure that the client has a completed profile, is introduced to the appropriate product specialists and that accounts are properly maintained and serviced
- Build trust with clients and effectively manage relationships
- Ensure to address clients' needs and to respond accordingly to client's goals and objectives
- Provide guidance to junior staff
- Proven discipline and ability around: prospecting, profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to: asset allocation on structured portfolios, managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities
- Connections within Private Banking core client space and professional centers of influence
- Coachable professional with good "business sense" and an energetic/dynamic personality
- Strong relationship management and team building skills; views team concept as critical to model
- Strong client-focused mindset
- Seven plus years experience in Private Banking working with High Net and Ultra High Net individuals and families or related fields within financial services
- Licenses 7, 63 required for position
- Bachelors degree required; MBA, JD or CFA preferred