Wealth Management – Investments Business Management – Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Capital Market Solutions Business Manager
About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, working across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs. We operate in 100 countries, and hold leadership positions across our different lines of business. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
About Wealth Management: With more than 160 years of experience, the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the Wealth Management’s products and solutions. Wealth Management is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of both depth and breadth.
Overview and Job Description: Capital Market Solutions (“CMS”) consists of Global Equities, Global Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities, Alternatives and Economics. CMS partners with Advisors to provide investment advice, opportunistic ideas, markets research and trade execution capabilities to help Wealth Management clients achieve their investment objectives. Investments Business Management provides strategic advice and business development support and executes strategic initiatives for Capital Markets Solutions.
This role supports and works directly with the Wealth Management Head of Investments, who has responsibility and oversight for the Capital Markets Solutions business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive daily discussions about markets, investment views and ideas, outlook and valuations, and positioning across asset classes
- Ensure consistency and clarity of messaging regarding high conviction investment ideas both written and conveyed in the Global Morning Meeting
- Help moderate and drive several key investment forum discussions, including the weekly Opportunistic Investment Ideas Meeting, Capital Markets Investment Group and Global Markets Council
- Focus on initiatives that are across the following key themes: talent, markets insight, solutions innovation, communication across wealth channels and technology and operating platforms
- Work with Senior Management across Wealth Management, including Asset Class Leaders, Portfolio Managers, Due Diligence, Investment Team Leaders and Operating Committee Members, to formalize business priorities
- Develop a detailed understanding of current-state processes and procedures, identify weaknesses, gaps and opportunities for improvement
Very detailed oriented
Ability to execute within demanding deadlines, and manage multiple projects concurrently
Organized and comprehensive project management approach
Thrive working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Confidence and skill to both develop and recommend solutions to business leaders
Ability to quickly analyze business practices to identify risk and develop innovative solutions
Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface globally with all levels of the organization
Superior judgment and discretion working with both confidential and sensitive information
2-5 years experience with investments, financial markets, and/or economics
Examples: Trading, Sales, Research Analyst, Structuring, Portfolio Management, Due Diligence, Risk & Analytics, COO
Experience with and in-depth knowledge of equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, structured notes, and/or alternatives
Experience with distributing complex investment solutions to affluent or high net worth individuals and/or families
Trading or trading infrastructure experience
Experience with the global regulatory initiatives
Broad understanding of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, and Wealth Management specifically