Wealth Advisor Associate
- Salary + Incentive based on experience and Industry Standards
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, a leading independent Wealth Management firm, is seeking a highly capable, hardworking WEALTH ADVISOR ASSOCIATE to help formulate and implement investment and financial planning recommendations along with performing duties in the operations department.
This position is on a Wealth Advisor career track and has significant upward potential. Our formal training program insures the growth of our Wealth Advisor Associates and supports their continuing progress at the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Plan Creation: Support the creation of financial plans, based on client's goals and financial circumstances, that address questions such as at what age can one retire with financial security.
Investment Portfolio Creation: Review client's current investments and objectives. Provide the client with a picture of his/her current portfolio composition. Create a custom portfolio within the firm’s guidelines which the firm will manage.
- Client Account Administration: Handle trading and portfolio reporting. Work with clients and their custodians to open accounts and deposit and transfer funds.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field with high grades
- Strong standardized test scores
- Some finance experience
- Focus on Wealth Management as a career
- Passed the CFP exam or progressing towards taking the CFP
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less knowledgeable audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive compensation based on experience and industry standards
· Incentive Bonus
· Generous benefits, including: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, FSA, Traditional and Roth 401(k) and matching contribution, Tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, up to $500 for gym reimbursement, renewal of CFP® and CFA designations, Membership to NAPFA.
For consideration, please include your resume and cover letter when you apply.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm, caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients. The firm is credited for introducing innovative methods to the profession that have increased the value provided to clients.
Services provided to clients include Investment Management, Retirement Planning, Insurance and Tax & Estate Advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. The firm has been in a growth trajectory. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.