WM Global Investment Office - Institutional Portfolio Solutions RFP Writer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Portfolio Solutions (IPS) provides investment advice and portfolio management for institutional clients across four business areas: Custom Solutions Outsourced Chief Investment Office ("OCIO"), Graystone Investment Office, Multi-Family Office Solutions, and Custom Solutions Advisory. IPS partners with Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors across all channels to offer portfolio management services to institutional and private clients (e.g. Defined Benefit Plans, Endowments, Foundations, Family Offices, etc.) of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
The IPS Business Development and Strategy team is looking for a creative, ambitious, and intellectually curious professional to join the team as a Request-for-Proposal (RFP) Writer. The RFP Writer will be responsible for composing RFP responses and maintaining the RFP response database, as well as supporting the rest of the Business Development and Strategy team as needed.
The RFP Writer will report to the Head of Business Development and Strategy, and will be responsible for working alongside various members of the organization and partners from across the firm.
• Compose Request-for-Proposal (RFP) and Request-for-Information (RFI) responses, in collaboration with other members of the IPS organization, as well as Financial Advisors and their teams
• Customize final documents to reflect a nuanced response to the specific opportunity
• Engage in follow-up work associated with RFPs moving to the next phase: finals presentations, coordinating answers, obtaining additional information, etc.
• Maintain consistency and quality of language and data in RFP database
• Collaborate with various departments throughout the firm to develop new language and obtain required information including legal, operations, portfolio management, product management/marketing, reporting, and performance
• Support members of the Business Development & Strategy Team, as needed Qualifications:
• Strong writing and editing background, with experience in the RFP/RFI, grant writing, technical writing, or similar space
• Demonstrated experience in customizing proposals to specific prospect requirements and guidelines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal, client focus, and organizational skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables with time constraints
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro proficient
• Proficiency in RFP response software (e.g. Loopio) is strongly preferred
• Minimum experience of 3+ years in a Financial Services organization. Wealth Management preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required
• FINRA Series 7 and 66 is a plus (candidate will be expected to obtain these licenses within 3 months of hire date and additional licensing may be required)