WM Global Investment Office - GIMA Due Diligence Analyst - Private Credit - Vice President
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides a range of wealth management products and services for affluent individuals, businesses, and institutions. These services include brokerage and investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust.
Global Investment Manager Analysis (GIMA), a unit within the Global Investment Office (GIO), provides comprehensive manager research on a wide range of investment strategies, including separately managed accounts, mutual funds, UCITs, exchange-traded funds and private vehicles in the equity, fixed income and alternative investments spaces. The GIMA team engages with a broad array of investment managers to identify high quality strategies for portfolios.
The GIMA Investment Due Diligence Analyst will perform investment due diligence on alternative investment funds and managers, with an emphasis on private credit strategies, for new prospective managers and as part of the ongoing monitoring process for existing relationships.
Job Description for Alternative Investment Due Diligence Analyst:
• Perform initial and ongoing investment due diligence on alternative investment strategies with a focus on private investments including distressed, special situations, private lending including private BDC, specialty and asset based lending and related sub-strategies.
• Source unique investment opportunities for high net worth clients.
• Analyze managers in relation to their investment process, track record, attribution, portfolio construction, and risk management capabilities.
• Partner with internal colleagues to provide advice and recommendations to investment committees, financial advisors, and clients.
• Author written research reports and commentaries on fund managers and thought leadership pieces on market trends and opportunities impacting alternative investment strategies.
Ongoing activities include:
• Adhere to policies and procedures for ongoing due diligence including onsite reviews, ongoing due diligence, written research notes, and updating reports.
• Interact with internal teams including Operational Due Diligence, Product Management, Sales, Legal, and Compliance, as needed.
• Support a collegial, team atmosphere including idea sharing, learning, and collaboration.
• Remain up-to-date on industry trends, regulatory matters, and market events impacting funds, managers, clients, and the industry. Qualifications:
• 7-10 years of job experience in the financial markets. Experience in alternative investments and private credit strategies is preferred.
• Knowledge of various alternative investment strategies. An existing network of relationships with alternative asset managers is strongly desired.
• Experience working with financial advisors and clients is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• CFA, CPA, and/or CAIA not required but viewed favorably.
• Appropriate securities licenses required or will need to be obtained upon hire.