Virtual Engagement Associate
The Morgan Stanley Virtual Analyst role is a unique opportunity to prepare and develop the skillset for a career in the Wealth Management segment of financial services. Virtual Analysts will work in a centralized location to provide virtual support to Financial Advisors. They will focus primarily on generating operating leverage and faster growth through the consistent deployment of digital tools that disseminate relevant content and analyses to clients and prospects.
Virtual Analysts will leverage Morgan Stanley's state-of-the-art tools on behalf of experienced Financial Advisors, helping them develop their business and increase client engagement. The Virtual Engagement Associate Program is a 2-year program that transitions into the Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) program.
Virtual Analyst Job Responsibilities:
• Use the Firm's digital tools on behalf of Financial Advisors to enhance client relationships and generate increased business.
• Drive adoption of the Goals Based Wealth Management strategy with Financial Advisors.
• Assist Financial Advisors with helping their clients execute an investment strategy within the context of their financial goals
• Manage Financial Advisor's digital presence via channels such as Social Media and FA Websites. Tasks would include (but not limited to) initial set-up, monitoring metrics, and updating / posting new content.
• Publish client newsletters, created from pre-approved content, on behalf of Financial Advisors to create consistent communication catered to specific audiences.
• Manage virtual client seminars on behalf of Financial Advisors; follow-up communication with clients post-seminar. Qualifications:
Virtual Analyst Job Requirements:
• Must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least three years professional experience in finance, business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, or other business-related field.
• Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and 66 preferred, required within 4 months of joining the desk.
• Possess exemplary communication, presentation and time-management skills.
• Stay organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Be able to keep track of simultaneous competing needs of their assigned Financial Advisors and execute on all necessary actions in a timely manner.
• Seek constructive feedback and coaching from both the Virtual Analyst Desk Manager and Financial Advisors, actively using it to improve how they approach future tasks.
• Proactively analyze client relationships and make recommendations to Financial Advisors on how to supplement the client experience.
• Establish, maintain and support strong working relationships with their Financial Advisors. Demonstrate accountability and a strong work ethic to promote confidence and trust in their work.
• Travel required approximately 20-30% of the time.
• Be authorized to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions.
• Successfully complete background check and pre-employment assessments.