Vice President Underwriting Comm RE
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Vice President Underwriting Comm RE
The Vice President is responsible for reviewing and underwriting multifamily and commercial mortgage financing programs being offered by Hunt Mortgage Group's Proprietary Lending Group's programs, including floating rate bridge loans and fixed rate loans underwritten for investment through proprietary and/or conduit executions.
The Vice President must make informed recommendations to the Proprietary Lending Group's Chief Credit Officer and Deputy Chief Underwriter and present the same to the firm's Investment Committee. The Vice President shall analyze investment opportunities by creating financial cashflow and valuation models, undertake due diligence responsibilities, and participate in Investment Committees, including presentation of and recommendations to a loan's risks and mitigates under a wide range of scenarios.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and reviews due diligence process, underwriting and valuation models.
- Prepares and reviews investment memos and asset summary reports (ASRs) consistent with PLG's requirements as it relates to each loan program.
- Summarizes historical property operations.
- Performs credit and financial analysis of key sponsors and major tenants.
- Researches portfolio expense comparables and incorporate into the underwriting file.
- Conducts real estate tax verification and analysis.
- Reviews and approve third party reports including property appraisals, physical needs assessments, environmental reports, lease abstracts and others as required.
- Acts as credit conduit for loan originator's and DCU for new loan requests.
- Responsible for aiding in training originators on PLG lending products.
- Travels to perform property inspections and market evaluations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Finance, Business or Real Estate or related field required, required with strong credentials.
Experience and Qualifications
- Five to seven years of multifamily agency/CRE underwriting experience. Minimum of two years' experience in a Senior Underwriting position.
- Experience with Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac Multifamily loan programs considered a plus, but not required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of bridge, conduit, CMBS and bank underwriting standards for loans secured by a wide range of asset classes, including office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and self-storage.
- Strong credit mindset with, ideally, experience in credit training.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents and financial statements.
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and, ideally, Closer.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, multi task and is highly organized. Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation. Ability to interact and effectively communicate with internal and external resources, including loan processors and associates, senior management, borrowers, and vendors. Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues. Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and industry professionals.