Vice President, US Marketing and Distribution Compliance
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides client focused advice. It understands challenges and advises on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests;
- Collaborating with the business to position Compliance centrally into their daily work;
- Having client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing the compliance culture within BlackRock;
- Providing thought leadership, analysis, and advice on the impact and implementation of regulation on the businesses and its clients; and,
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
This individual will join the US Marketing and Distribution Compliance team to focus on the sales and marketing efforts of key asset management businesses, including those related to systematic investing. This is a unique opportunity to assist BlackRock using asset management experience, product knowledge, and knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, including FINRA Rule 2210 and the SEC Investment Adviser Marketing Rule. Key Responsibilities:
This individual will be part of a larger global team and will work on projects and initiatives, advise on sales and marketing materials, manage internal stakeholder relationships, and deliver on a challenging project pipeline.
- Review and provide advice on marketing materials for key asset management businesses with a focus on BlackRock's systematic investment platform, which spans equity, fixed income, and factor-based approaches that emphasize data and quantitative techniques
- Analyze rules and regulations, including regulatory developments, to assess the commercial impact on the businesses covered
- Partner with colleagues within Legal & Compliance on the launch and development of new products and services, particularly for BlackRock's systematic investment platform
- Deliver targeted training on applicable marketing and distribution considerations
- Participate on working groups with internal stakeholders to support initiatives
- Work closely with global colleagues to help develop and ensure consistency of guidance
- 6-8 years of legal and/or regulatory (compliance) experience in asset management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong knowledge of asset management business
- Strong knowledge of products and services related to equity, fixed income, factor-based and quantitative investing
- Experience in application of FINRA and SEC advertising rules
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High standard of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workloads, multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Collaborative team player, ability to work on team projects
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.